Terms - Working with Me
This is going to be great, I can feel it! To make sure we're on the same page and clear about things, please read through the entirety of this page.
The following terms and conditions apply to all projects and undertakings, regardless of scope or scale.
My goal in supporting you as an online business owner, is to provide a seamless process from start to finish, including completing your project on time and on budget. To do so, I will need your materials in full before I can get started. This will prevent unnecessary back and forth, and will ensure I have everything I need to work away on your website without disturbing you.
Preparation is the key!
Prior to Starting on Your Project:
In order to provide you with the best end product in a timely manner, I will start working on your project only after I’ve received all the content needed to complete the work.
Specifically, here is a list of what you can expect to provide me with prior to work starting:
- Design Elements: Your preferred colours (with colour codes), fonts, images, graphics (ie. thumbnails) and branding. Samples or screenshots of websites/web pages/course design you like, and a description of what you like or don’t like about them. For websites and sales pages, expect to provide me with approx. 5-10 images for each page.
- All brand logos and graphics should be provided in .png or .jpg format with transparent background. Please do not submit any graphics created in Illustrator or Indesign, as I’m not able to use these.
- All images should be high-resolution quality, with background images in landscape orientation (2880x1200px minimum size).
- Copy/Copywriting: Unless your package specifically includes copywriting, you’ll need to provide that to me via a Google or Word Doc.
- Access to your Kajabi Account: This should be in the form of an admin user account that you add to your own account. I will provide you with an email address to use and a password for the admin user account.
- Ensure your Payment Methods are in Place: You will need to connect a Stripe and/or PayPal account to Kajabi prior to our project getting started.
A Sharing Folder: I will set up a Google Drive folder for us to share documents. This is also how you’ll provide your edits and feedback as we go.
All content will be shared in our folder. Please do not send content or feedback via email, as they tend to be larger documents and can get delayed or not arrive at all. We will be using email to communicate when new information is available in the folder, but will not be providing updates in the email itself.
At the outset of our project I will provide you with an estimate of how long the work will take. This timeframe starts once I receive all items listed above. To ensure your critical deadlines are met, I can only guarantee my timeframe if I receive everything within 7 days of your project start date. If after one week I haven’t received everything, I may need to push your project to a later time, as I would have started working on other projects.
You can expect a first draft of your project within 7-10 days of receiving all required information and materials. Things can move surprisingly fast if you’re on hand to respond with feedback when it’s submitted!
In general, a full website will take about 4 weeks, whereas sales pages can be completed in about 10 days.
Important: If the project is delayed on your end, please notify me as soon as possible so we can put the project on hold. This sometimes happens and that’s ok! The most important thing is to communicate quickly and honestly so we can reassess the timing of getting things wrapped up.
Work Flow Process
Here’s what to expect once I get started on your project:
- I will begin creating the framework of your website, sales page, course, or other components, and will send you a link and a video walkthrough for you to provide your input.
- Once you’ve taken a look, please provide feedback via a Google or Word Doc and put this in our sharing folder. If you’d also like to do a video, that’s always helpful, but not required.
- I will make changes based on your feedback and it will once again be submitted to you, this time for final approval.
- At this point, the framework of the webpage, website, or program/course is considered final and any changes will incur extra costs.
- Now I get to work adding a beautiful design flair so your space truly becomes one of a kind.
- You’ll then receive a final submission from me.
Please expect to provide feedback in a timely manner (36-48 hours after receiving) via our shared folder only (not by email), and I will commit to doing the same. This keeps everyone on track with the deadlines.
Any minor wording changes or image swaps after this point will incur additional fees, so it’s best to ensure you’re happy with the images, graphics, and copywriting early on.
Please understand that changing the structure of the page, website, course, or other space at this time will not be possible without additional delays and fees. These changes are absolutely doable but will be quoted as a new project and will require a new timeframe to be established.
Here are some things that simply can’t be changed within your project and will be quoted as a new project:
- Structure of pages, website, or course/membership area
- Changing the colours, fonts, branding, or graphics
- Navigation menus, logos, and social media icons
- Call to action buttons, forms, and automations
- Any changes to the offers or checkout page
Payment for all projects and bundles is required in full up front. For websites, launch bundles, and course/membership set up, I offer a payment plan of 50% up front and the remaining 50% 30 days later. Payment is made via my website. I will provide you with a unique link to make your purchase.
Refunds, Swaps, and Transferability of Services: I have a no refund policy on all projects and bundles. This is solely because I start work behind the scenes as soon as your initial payment is made. Payment may only be used towards the service quoted, and there are no transfers of service to anyone else.
After We Wrap Up
Once our project is finished, you’ll have the option to purchase my instructional course showing you how to maintain your Kajabi site. This is perfect for making minor adjustments and feeling more comfortable with your website.
If you require changes after the project is complete, please get in touch with me about a monthly retainer or starting a new project.
I am not liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this website and any other web pages—even if you have advised me of the possibilities of such damages.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You guarantee to me that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork that you provide me for inclusion in the website are either owned by you or that you have permission to use them.
When I receive your final payment, copyright is automatically assigned as follows:
You own the graphics and other visual elements that I create for you for this project. I will give you a copy of all files and you should store them carefully as I am not required to keep them or provide any native source files that I used in making them.
You also own text content, photographs, and other data you provided unless someone else owns them.
Any confidential information you share with me concerning your business, affairs, customers or clients shall be held strictly confidential.
Content writing is not included in the scope of work for any of my projects unless expressly identified at the beginning of the project.